Electronic Communication and Distance Coaching
Client’s Responsibilities / Client’s Protection
Whenever you use any methods of electronic communication there is a chance that a third party may be able to intercept that communication, so before beginning telephone or video coaching with Regeneration, it is important to be aware that family, friends, co-workers, employers, and hackers may have access to any technology, devices, or applications that you use.
We encourage you to only communicate through a computer, or any other device, that you know is safe, and implement appropriate measures of security at your discretion.
You are responsible for reviewing the privacy settings and agreement forms of any applications or technology you use.
Please contact us with any questions that you may have on privacy measures Regeneration implements.
In addition, whenever there is communication that lacks visual or audio cues there is an increased risk of misunderstanding between you and your Regeneration spiritual coach. When this happens it is important to assume that your counselor has positive regard for you and to check out your assumptions. This will reduce any unnecessary hardship.
If at any time you do not have internet access at your home or private location you can contact us via phone 410-661-0284 to communicate with us or email us at the secure web site: email@example.com.
Limitations of Distance Coaching/ Direction
By signing this document you agree that you understand that distance coaching/ direction:
- May lack visual and/or audio cues, which may cause misunderstanding.
- May have disruptions in the service and quality of the technology used.
- May not be appropriate if you are having a crisis.
- When using email, chat, or texting, there might be a delay in your counselor receiving your message or they might not ever receive it.
Also, as with all of Regeneration’s services, distance coaching is not to be viewed as a substitute for therapy with a licensed professional.
Appropriate Setting for Distance Coaching
Because distance coaching is less ideal than face-to-face coaching at a Regeneration office, there are factors that should be put in place to ensure the safest, most productive distance coaching environment as possible.
- Never under any circumstances will Regeneration record your coaching session without your express written consent. Likewise, you should never record your coaching session without prior written consent.
- The location of your distance coaching session should be as private and interruption-free as possible. As much as it depends on you, the audio and video for your session should be audible and visible to you only. Under no circumstances should an undisclosed person be watching or listening in on your coaching session.
Emergency Management for Distance Coaching
So that we are able to get you help in the case of an emergency and for your safety, the following are important and necessary. In addition, by signing this agreement form you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the following:
- You, the client, will inform me, your spiritual coach, of the location in which you will be during our sessions, and will inform me if this location changes.
- You, the client, will identify, on your client information form, a person, whom I, your coach, am allowed to contact in the case that I believe you are at risk.
- Depending on my assessment of risk, you, the client, or your coach, may be required to verify that your emergency contact person is able and willing to go to your location in the event of an emergency, and if I deem necessary, call 911 and/or transport you to a hospital.
Backup Plan in Case of Technology Failure
The most reliable backup is a phone. Therefore, it is recommended that you always have a phone available and that as your spiritual coach, I and your therapist, know your phone number.
If you get disconnected from a video conferencing, chat, or texting session, end and restart the session. If you are unable to reconnect within five minutes call me at 410-661-0284. If I do not hear from you within ten minutes you agree (unless you request otherwise) that I can call you on the phone number you provide on the client information form.
If you are on a phone session and your phone disconnects call me back or contact me to schedule another session. If I do not hear from you within ten minutes you agree (unless you request otherwise) that I can call you on the phone number you provide on the client information form. If this happens as a result of my phone or phone service, and we are not able to reconnect, you will not be charged for the session.
By submitting this online form, you agree to the terms of this distance communication with Regeneration Ministries.