- What’s Sexual Integrity?
- Sexual Integrity is Sexed Integrity
- Your Next Steps Toward Sexual Integrity
- Scripture that points to Sexual Integrity
- Recommended Books on Sexual Integrity
- Recommended Videos on Sexual Integrity
- All Articles on Sexual Integrity
This ever updated page pulls together our most recent (and archival) library of content that focuses on Sexual Integrity. Scripture, articles, podcasts, and videos that all focus on the wonderful journey we are all called to.
We will share God’s heart for our sexuality, His original design, the theology and scripture behind it all, along with next steps to help us on the life-long journey of Sexual Integrity.
At the end of this page, you’ll find a list of books, videos, and other content we have on Sexual Integrity.
What’s Sexaul Integrity?
When it comes to sex, most Christians have been taught the right actions but few have been taught to align their thoughts and desires with those actions. Even more, the primary lesson of God’s beautiful design for sexuality is almost never included.
This teaching begins during childhood. What was the sex talk like for you? What’s Sexual Integrity?
Were you inspired by the beauty of God, his lavish love of pleasure, his desire to create new life through us? Were you even taught that sex was God’s design and idea in the first place?
Or were you just told how babies are made and to avoid sex until marriage? Perhaps you didn’t even have a sex talk with your parents at all.
The point is that very few are given God’s vision for sex, let alone how to become men and women who think, desire, and act sexually according to God’s design.
Without vision the people perish (Proverbs 29:18).
SEXUAL INTEGRITY IS SEXED INTEGRITY
When was the last time you thought of your biological sex—your manhood or womanhood—as a gift?
When I was in college, in the throes of my habitual unwanted sexual behaviors, I remember hearing a pastor teach that integrity means acting like the same person wherever you are, whether at church on a Sunday morning, at work on Monday, or alone in front of your computer on a Saturday night. I get what he was saying, but today I think he missed the real essence of Christian integrity.
Integrity is not first and foremost about behaving like the same person, rather, it’s simply being one.
Sin dis-integrates humanity—it breaks us apart from ourselves, from each other, and from God—and so, results in death. Jesus came to re-integrate us—to restore our union with God, each other, and ourselves.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve been writing about sexual integrity through the lens of human integrity itself. Meaning, what does it mean to be re-integrated?
Your Next Steps Toward Sexual Integrity
Are you ready to be free?
Are you ready for life in the area of sexual integrity?
Are you ready for your relationships to be healed, and working the way God intended them?
Together we will walk through 8 phases in the journey to sexual wholeness. Through this process, you will know where you are and how to take the next steps.
- Phase 0 = Ground zero
- Phase 1 = Uncertain but curious
- Phase 2 = Interested
- Phase 3 = Testing the waters
- Phase 4 = Stepping in
- Phase 5 = Walking forward
- Phase 6 = All in
- Phase 7 – Integration
Scripture ON God’s Design for Sexuality
- Genesis 1:27-28
- Genesis 2:25
- Song of Solomon 2:7
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4
- Exodus 20:14
- Matthew 19:4–6
- Ephesians 5:31–32
- 1 Corinthians 6:12–13
- 1 Corinthians 6:19–20
- Romans 12:1–2
- Hebrews 13:4
- 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Fill These Hearts by Christopher West
- Rethinking Sexuality by Juli Slattery
- Unwanted: How Sexual Brokenness Reveals Our Way to Healing by Jay Stringer
- Boundaries Updated and Expanded Edition: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud
- Unbound: A Practical Guide to Deliverance by Neal Lozano
- Overcoming Shame: Let Go of Others’ Expectations and Embrace God’s Acceptance by Mark W. Baker
- The Soul of Shame by Curt Thompson M.D.
- A Gospel Primer for Christians by Milton Vincent
- Victory over Darkness by Neil Anderson
- A Still & Quiet Mind by Esther Smith
- Sacred Rest by Saundra Dalton-Smith M.D.
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim & Kathy Keller
- Cherish by Gary Thomas
- Every Good Endeavor by Tim Keller
- Design Your Life by Burnett & Evans
- The Healing Path by Dan Allender
- Try Softer: A Fresh Approach to Move Us out of Anxiety, Stress, and Survival Mode by Aundi Kolber
- Holding onto Hope
- Untwisting the Message of Sexual Desire
- Navigating the Journey of Recovery Together
- Understanding Betrayal Trauma and Navigating Disclosure in Marriage
- Navigating the Challenge of Sharing Unwanted Sexual Behavior with Your Spouse
- Examining the Theological Implications of Pornography
- Theology of the Body: Discovering How Pornography Distorts God’s Sacred Design
- The Spell of Cultural Language: Navigating the Confusion of Our Sexually Dark Age
- Unlocking Sexual Integrity Through the Power of Your Words
- Becoming Someone More: We Are More Than Our Sexual Addictions
- Seeing Through Porn’s Illusions
- Battling Cultural Expectations: The Challenge of Vulnerability for Men in Society
- Navigating the Intersection of Spiritual Needs and Human Desires
- Beyond the Label: Exploring the Pros and Cons of Identifying as a Sex Addict
- Jesus’ Sacred Perception of Sexuality
- Help! My Same-Sex Attraction Is Hurting My Friendships!
- Engage Your Story
- When You Lack Desire for Your Spouse
- Discover What’s Broken
- What’s Sexual Integrity?
- Women Watch Porn Too
- What Do I Do With This Body?
- Stop Trying to Stop Lusting
- The Definition of Lust
- Exposing the Online God